Wave Hello to Travelers' Favorite Beaches for 2022: Tripadvisor Travelers' Choice Awards
For many sun seekers, visiting the beach is the reason they go on vacation. Sitting by the ocean with your feet in the sand is the hallmark of relaxation for many of us - especially over the past few years. Now, a recent Tripadvisor sponsored survey revealed that thirty-seven percent of American travelers will take a beach trip in 2022. If you're one of the many looking for a relaxing getaway, browse these award-winning beaches along with guidance from fellow travelers on the best ways to experience them to make your pick.
"We know a perfect day at the beach looks different from one person to the next. Some love classic soft white sand and sunbathing, while others love exploring rocky coves. This list has something for everyone, because it was determined by the millions of different travelers all over the world reviewing their favorite beaches on Tripadvisor throughout 2021. Although last year was still far from 'normal,' these are the beaches travelers visited and loved more than any others," said
The number one beach on the planet determined by travelers this year is Grace Bay Beach in Turks and Caicos. With over 7,200 reviews to-date (90% of which are 5-bubble), this quintessential
Here in the
Top 10 Beaches in the
Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area- Puako, Hawaii
- Traveler tip: "It is remarkably challenging to find large, white sandy beaches on the
Big Islandwith water that is peaceful enough for swimming, and this one ticks all the boxes. Even better, right in the middle of the beach and close to shore, there is a small set of rocks that provided some of the best snorkeling we saw on the island! The water was crystal clear and the brightly colored tropical fish plentiful." - @Erika H
- Siesta Beach -
Siesta Key, Florida
- Traveler tip: "Absolutely beautiful beach with silky quartz sand! Great beach for people watching, sunsets, breakfast/morning walk on the beach and finding sand dollars." - @Nik
Poipu Beach Park- Poipu, Hawaii
- Traveler tip: "I highly recommend going at sunset and you will see the sea turtles come onto the beach. It is very magical and something you will not be able to experience other places." - @CourtneyandScott
Moonstone Beach- Cambria, California
- Traveler tip: "
Moonstone Beachis a lovely place to walk, unwind and meet friendly dogs. Look for the bench that is partially hidden by the tree." - @Janet M Kailua Beach Park- Kailua, Hawaii
- Traveler tip: "The water at
Kailuawas the most beautiful shade of turquoise and almost blinding. There were numerous kite surfers, which only added to the beauty of the beach. There is also a very cute mom-and-pop grocery store behind the beach (Kalapawai Market) that makes delicious made-to-order sandwiches—perfect for the beach." - @cbattsolutions
- Driftwood Beach -
Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Traveler tip: "I've been to many beaches, but none like this one. A great visual sight awaits you when you visit…Go at the 'golden hour' to get some great photos, or just hang out for the day and have a picnic." - @roadpeops
Ruby Beach- Olympic National Park, Washington
- Traveler tip: "It's a delightful spot that is well worth your time. Be sure to bring a sweatshirt or light jacket as
Pacific Coastbeaches can feel chilly on a windy day. The rock formations here are just gorgeous - if you're lucky to arrive on a sunny afternoon, try to visit the beach as the sun is descending! If you have very young children, they can wade in the shallow tide pools which are a safe distance away from the surf." - @Gilber20 Cannon Beach- Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Traveler tip: "
Cannon Beachis very big. A beach for people who like to walk. The large sea stacks are great for photographers. Muggy mornings and lots of fog. Great shops to walk through. Parking can be terrible at times…Tip, get there early in the morning." - @Louis R
Jolla Cove- La Jolla, California
- Traveler tip: "We just loved the place. If you are an animal lover it is a must. We spent hours watching the seals and sea lions and their frolicking around. You can get to them quite close." - @Jadranka P
Beach Park- Paia, Hawaii
- Traveler tip: "If you love huge, beautiful sea turtles, or if you've never seen one, DO NOT MISS this opportunity. Not far from the world-famous Mama's Fish House, this beach is known as a "resting spot" for sea turtles, who come ashore to rest & sunbathe." - @Gwen H
Top 10 Beaches in the World for 2022
- Grace Bay Beach -
Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
- Varadero Beach - Varadero,
Cuba Turquoise Bay- Exmouth, Australia
- Quarta Praia - Morro de
Sao Paulo, Brazil Eagle Beach- Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
- Radhanagar Beach -
Havelock Island, India
- Baia do Sancho -
Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Trunk Bay Beach -
Virgin Islands National Park, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Baía dos Golfinhos -
Praia da Pipa, Brazil
- Spiaggia dei Conigli - Lampedusa,
See all the Travelers'
Tripadvisor and Cutwater Team up for "Ready When You Are - Adventure Sweepstakes"
New this year, the Travelers' Choice Awards for Beaches has teamed up with the most awarded canned cocktail brand in the US,
"We're thrilled to partner with
As part of the giveaway portion of the campaign, 100 lucky winners will receive one of three sampling boxes, each themed around a Travelers' Choice award-winning beach, filled with Tripadvisor and Cutwater co-branded assets including a canned cocktail:
- The Poipu Beach Rest & Relaxation Box provides winners with everything they need to enjoy a restful day with the calm waters of
Hawaii. Take a relaxing walk along the shoreline to see turtles and thriving sea life in the crystalline waters.
- The Cannon Beach Adventure Box gives beachgoers assets for a more active day pounding the waves and sand. Miles of beach blanketed in fog with picturesque sea stacks make a perfect setting for strolling along the seaside and watching diverse wildlife in its natural habitat.
St. Pete Beach Party Boxis ideal for travelers looking to have some fun in the sun. With plenty of space for both families with children and groups of friends looking for fun, St. Pete Beach'sclean shoreline and clear waters keep travelers from around the world coming back year after year.
Additionally, Tripadvisor will host a "Ready When You Are - Adventure Sweepstakes" that will award one lucky winner (and a guest) an amazing
Enter here for a chance to win*: https://www.tripadvisor.com/InfoCenter-a_ctr.32149_CutwaterSweepstakes
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Ends on
Tripadvisor, the world's largest travel guidance platform*, helps hundreds of millions of people each month** become better travelers, from planning to booking to taking a trip. Travelers across the globe use the Tripadvisor site and app to discover where to stay, what to do and where to eat based on guidance from those who have been there before. With more than 1 billion reviews and opinions of nearly 8 million businesses, travelers turn to Tripadvisor to find deals on accommodations, book experiences, reserve tables at delicious restaurants and discover great places nearby. As a travel guidance company available in 43 markets and 22 languages, Tripadvisor makes planning easy no matter the trip type.
The subsidiaries of
www.bokun.io, www.cruisecritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com, www.helloreco.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.seatguru.com, www.singleplatform.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com, and www.viator.com.
* Source: SimilarWeb, unique users de-duplicated monthly,
** Source: Tripadvisor internal log files
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wave-hello-to-travelers-favorite-beaches-for-2022-tripadvisor-travelers-choice-awards-301488273.html