Tripadvisor Launches 'Travel Safe' Tools, Making It Easy for Travelers to Find Important Health and Safety Information About Hotels and Restaurants Reopening During COVID-19
A recent study* from Tripadvisor found that for consumers thinking about future travel:
- More than 9 out of 10 (92%) said cleanliness is the most important factor in selecting accommodations.
- More than 8 in 10 (84%) said cleanliness or sanitization certificates are important when booking a travel experience.
- Nearly 8 in 10 (79%) said it's important to publicly display compliance to government safety standards.
How Travel Safe helps travelers and business owners:
- Health & safety checklists: Leveraging expertise from public health organizations and industry associations across the globe, hotel and restaurant owners can share safety measures directly on their Tripadvisor listing. These include sanitation procedures, mask-wearing guidelines, social distancing policies, and more.
- Search filter: A new filter allows users to easily find which hotels and restaurants are taking these added safety precautions.
- Traveler reviews: New review submission form prompts allow users to validate safety measures and share their experiences with other travelers.
- Q&A with business owners: If users still have questions, they can directly message business owners about their safety measures (or anything else).
- Businesses can now select safety measures they have in place at their property by accessing the checklist in their Tripadvisor management center (for free).
- The checklist also enables properties to submit a text description of the steps they are taking to protect customers, including links back to safety information on their own websites.
"If we want to get the world traveling again, the safety needs of consumers must be appreciated and recognized as the biggest hurdle to closing the confidence gap created by this pandemic," said
"As travel restrictions ease, hospitality businesses must recognize the changing expectations from consumers around safety and cleanliness," said
To learn more about Tripadvisor's Travel Safe initiative and our commitment to COVID-19 recovery, visit: tripadvisor.com/travel-safe.
Tune into today's Tripadvisor COVID-19 Insights webinar, covering best practices and strategies for using safety measures to build traveler trust from industry experts via:
Americas: Today, June 24at 12:30 p.m. EDT: https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1335380&tp_key=811d01ac2c
- EMEA: Today,
June 24at 1:00 p.m. GMT/ 2:00 p.m. BST: https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1335364&tp_key=a757c2c306
- APAC: Tomorrow,
June 25at 11:00 a.m.SGT: https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1335390&tp_key=45b4e2aaf7
To learn more about the tourism industry's recovery during COVID-19, visit: tripadvisor.com/Covid19WhitepaperMay2020.
Note to editor:
*The consumer insights cited in this report were gathered and analyzed from a
Tripadvisor, the world's largest travel platform*, helps 463 million travelers each month** make every trip their best trip. Travelers across the globe use the Tripadvisor site and app to browse more than 860 million reviews and opinions of 8.7 million accommodations, restaurants, experiences, airlines and cruises. Whether planning or on a trip, travelers turn to Tripadvisor to compare low prices on hotels, flights and cruises, book popular tours and attractions, as well as reserve tables at great restaurants. Tripadvisor, the ultimate travel companion, is available in 49 markets and 28 languages.
The subsidiaries and affiliates of
www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bokun.io, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com,www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com, and www.bookatable.co.uk), www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.singleplatform.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
* Source: Jumpshot for Tripadvisor Sites, worldwide,
** Source: Tripadvisor internal log files, average monthly unique visitors, Q3 2019
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tripadvisor-launches-travel-safe-tools-making-it-easy-for-travelers-to-find-important-health-and-safety-information-about-hotels-and-restaurants-reopening-during-covid-19-301082502.html
For more information: email@example.com