NEEDHAM, Mass., Jan. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the travel site that helps find the latest reviews and lowest prices, today announced the winners of its Travelers' Choice® awards for Hotels. Travelers' Choice award winners were determined based on the millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travelers worldwide. In the 16th year of the awards, TripAdvisor has recognized 8,095 properties in 94 countries and eight regions worldwide. The hallmarks of Travelers' Choice hotels winners are remarkable quality, service and value.
The awards celebrate hotel winners in the categories of Top Hotels Overall, Luxury, Bargain, Small, Best Service, B&Bs and Inns, Romance, Family and All-Inclusive. In addition, a new "Value for Money" hotel award category was created this year. To qualify for this award, a property must have at least four stars and four bubbles on TripAdvisor, and offer annual nightly average rates that are at least 20 percent below the city average and cost less than $300 per night based on hotel prices available on TripAdvisor.
"This year's Travelers' Choice awards for Hotels recognize thousands of exceptional accommodations that received the highest marks for value, service, amenities and overall experience from travelers worldwide," said Brooke Ferencsik, senior director of communications. "Whether you're looking for a great value hotel in a popular city, a luxurious beachfront splurge, or a romantic honeymoon getaway, millions of reviews and opinions from the TripAdvisor community informed this list of winners that will inspire and help travelers plan and book their next amazing trip."
"I am so proud of our team – being named the #1 hotel in the world for TripAdvisor's 2018 Travelers' Choice Award is a huge achievement for Viroth's Hotel," said Fabien Martial, co-owner of Viroth's Hotel. "I hope this award will further encourage everybody here to offer the best for our guests."
The United States featured the most unique hotel winners with 191, Spain had 176 properties recognized and France featured 170 award winners. The average nightly rate of Travelers' Choice award-winning Top Hotels on TripAdvisor is $349; Value for Money is $160; Luxury is $483; Bargain is $76; Small Hotels is $330; Best Service is $313; B&Bs and Inns is $124; Romance is $325; Family is $252 and All-Inclusive is $427.
Top 10 Travelers' Choice Hotels in the U.S.:
1. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort – Nantucket, Massachusetts– TripAdvisor average annual price of $530 per night. Most affordable months to visit: March and April ($195 per night).
This grand and historic New England island property was originally built in 1891 but was recently restored. While the exterior is classic Nantucket, the interior meets the needs of today's travelers with ocean and harbor views and spectacular resort services. The family-owned hotel has luxurious guest rooms, and travelers can enjoy the beautiful Breeze Restaurant, signature on-site yoga and fitness classes, two heated swimming pools, shuttle transportation and children's activities. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "We couldn't ask for anything more. The friendly staff truly is happy to see you and to do all they can to make your visit the best it can be. They have magically combined all the comforts of a luxury resort while keeping that special feeling that only Nantucket has."
2. Saratoga Arms – Saratoga Springs, New York– TripAdvisor average annual price of $334 per night. Most affordable month to visit: December ($253 per night).
This hotel is adored by travelers for its warmth and distinctive charm in the heart of horse-loving Saratoga Springs. Guests enjoy complimentary farm-to-table gourmet breakfasts in the morning and ending their days with a glass of wine, people watching on the wrap-around porch. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "This is a wonderful place. Everyone is helpful and kind, the rooms are beautiful, the beds very comfortable, and if you need something the front desk takes care of it quickly. It's also right downtown so if the track isn't your thing there are still many lovely ways to spend your time."
3. French Quarter Inn – Charleston, South Carolina– TripAdvisor average annual price of $457 per night. Most affordable month to visit: February ($393 per night).
Travelers can embrace the southern charm of this boutique hotel located in Charleston's historic French Quarter with exceptional service and views. The Inn has comforting amenities and a perfect location close to many of the city's famous shops, excellent restaurants and event sites. One TripAdvisor reviewer noted, "The service and accommodations have been unwaveringly consistently high since their inception. You are greeted warmly by the car valet and front desk staff and handed a champagne (if you want) all the while classical music is playing softly. There is ample reason why this hotel is always winning the various awards that it continues to garner. Don't miss it."
4. Hotel Emma – San Antonio, Texas– TripAdvisor average annual price of $454 per night. Most affordable month to visit: July ($403 per night).
A historic hotel, Hotel Emma was once Pearl's Brewhouse in the 19th century during Prohibition. Now it's an extraordinary riverfront hotel and the flagship for Pearl's culinary and cultural community on the northern edge of downtown San Antonio. Upon check-in, guests are greeted in the massive library with a traditional La Babia margarita. "Hotel Emma has surpassed every other hotel experience by miles and miles. From the extraordinary staff to the wonderful authentic and unique architecture and interiors, to the unexpected and lovely guest amenities, we wanted to move in and never leave. We only wished we had more than one night to experience the charm of the fantastic staff and the luxury of the incredible experience created by the entire team," noted one TripAdvisor reviewer.
5. Stephanie Inn– Cannon Beach, Oregon– TripAdvisor average annual price of $497 per night.Most affordable month to visit: March ($408 per night).
Named after their daughter Stephanie, the hoteliers opened this popular inn in 1993 to define luxe coastal hospitality. An iconic Pacific Northwest landmark, this oceanfront property offers comfort, elegance and relaxation. With a full range of spa services, specialty experiences, and the finest local cuisine, travelers can truly retreat on the ocean. One TripAdvisor reviewer said, "The property is perfectly situated on beautiful Cannon Beach with Haystack Rock right outside your patio door. The staff caters to your every need and the clientele is fun and personable. Sleeping with the patio door open, screen pulled, fireplace ablaze … perfect!"
6. Santa Maria Suites Hotel – Key West, Florida– TripAdvisor average annual price of $588 per night. Most affordable month to visit: September ($418 per night).
Travelers embrace the slower pace of Key West while relaxing at the residence inspired luxury suites and courtyard pools. Just one block from the famous Duval Street, travelers can shop, savor artisan cuisine and walk to the beach. "Who wouldn't want to drive down A1A to Key West with the most beautiful weather and have their destination be literally at the southernmost point of the U.S. and stay in the sensational resort???? A moderately sized enclave of hyper modern suites with a spa color palette surrounding two swimming lagoons of crystal blue water and tall mature palms and other tropical plantings. Every wish was fulfilled by the fabulous staff," said one TripAdvisor reviewer.
7. Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection – New York City, New York– TripAdvisor average annual price of $414 per night. Most affordable month to visit: February ($317 per night).
This hotel embodies the gentle power, grace and beauty of giraffes, and the architecture and design is inspired by the Art Modern period of the 1920's and 30's. Travelers appreciate this hotel's style, rooftop garden and evening wine and cheese reception. One TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "This hotel is a true gem. I have stayed at many places in NYC and this is the only place I will stay from now on. You really do get the best of a luxury hotel at a decent price. I honestly felt like this hotel mastered the art of being modern yet with the feel of staying at a bed and breakfast because the atmosphere is so cool and the staff are so awesome."
8. The Inn at Lost Creek – Mountain Village, Colorado– TripAdvisor average annual price of $403 per night. Most affordable month to visit: November ($188 per night).
This luxury boutique inn offers 32 suites, one of Telluride's best restaurants, and a team that delivers highly personalized and quality service. With a prime location in this popular ski resort area, The Inn offers direct access to outdoor activities. "This is one of the nicest hotels we've every stayed at. I can't say enough good things about the staff - we enjoyed talking to them about the area, hearing their suggestions about where to eat, what to do and hearing stories about the town. They really make you feel like you are special," noted one TripAdvisor reviewer.
9. The Langham, Chicago – Chicago, Illinois– TripAdvisor average annual price of $538 per night. Most affordable month to visit: February ($389 per night).
Known for service and luxury, this downtown hotel blends convenience with British style and comfort. Travelers rave about the full walk in rain showers, majestic views of the cityscape, Chicago River and Lake Michigan. A TripAdvisor reviewer wrote, "Best hotel stay ever. The Langham is an outstanding luxury hotel. The rooms are beautiful, as are the public spaces. The location is perfect. But the best part is the attentive and friendly staff. Everyone not only made us feel welcome but genuinely wanted us to have a fantastic stay."
10. Inn at the Market – Seattle, Washington– TripAdvisor average annual price of $367 per night. Most affordable month to visit: December ($290 per night).
Travelers will have the full Seattle experience with stunning views of the waterfront and Olympic Mountains while being steps from Pike Place Market, the original Starbucks, great restaurants and iconic landmarks. The hotel's 76 rooms were recently renovated, offering modern Pacific Northwest style and comfort. One TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "A Seattle gem with class, comfort, and location. As many times as I have stayed there, I was surprised this time by how quiet the room was, even facing out to 1st Avenue. It's a perfect choice for visitors and locals."
Top 10 Travelers' Choice Hotels in the World:
1. Viroth's Hotel – Siem Reap, Cambodia
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $128 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: September ($108 per night)
2. Tulemar Bungalows & Villas – Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $414 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: September ($241 per night)
3. Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur – Jodhpur, India
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $852 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: May ($432 per night)
4. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa – Hanoi, Vietnam
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $133 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: May ($106 per night)
5. Gili Lankanfushi – Lankanfushi, Maldives
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $2,004 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: September ($1,526 per night)
6. Hotel Belvedere – Riccione, Italy
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $220 per night
- Most affordable months to visit: March, April, October ($171 per night)
7. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort – Nantucket, Massachusetts
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $530 per night
- Most affordable months to visit: March and April ($195 per night)
8. La Reserve Paris - Hotel and Spa – Paris, France
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $1,333 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: February ($1,136 per night)
9. Nayara Springs – La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $752 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: October ($632 per night)
10. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel Trendy – Hanoi, Vietnam
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $101 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: May ($81 per night)
Top 10 Travelers' Choice Value for Money Hotels in the U.S.:
1. La Maison Hotel – Palm Springs, California
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $214 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: August ($183 per night)
2. Hotel Granduca Austin – Austin, Texas
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $250 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: August ($201 per night)
3. Hotel Valley Ho – Scottsdale, Arizona
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $270 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: July ($168 per night)
4. Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway – Seattle, Washington
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $255 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: February ($190 per night)
5. The Hotel of South Beach – Miami, Florida
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $260 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: September ($210 per night)
6. Platinum Hotel and Spa – Las Vegas, Nevada
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $210 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: February ($192 per night)
7. Quarter House Resort – New Orleans, Louisiana
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $178 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: August ($177 per night)
8. Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco – San Francisco, California
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $247 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: December ($196 per night)
9. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek – Orlando, Florida
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $266 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: August ($218 per night)
10. Kimpton Donovan Hotel – Washington, D.C.
- TripAdvisor average annual price of $278 per night
- Most affordable month to visit: December ($189 per night)
Other Travelers' Choice Hotel Category Winners for 2018:
Top Luxury Hotel
The Langham, Chicago– Chicago, Illinois ($538 per night)
Baros Maldives– Baros Island, Maldives ($1,176 per night)
Best Bargain Hotel
Mountainaire Inn and Log Cabins– Blowing Rock, North Carolina ($138 per night)
Hotel Villa Sirena– Casamicciola Terme, Italy ($62 per night)
Top Small Hotel
Hotel Cheval– Paso Robles, California ($448 per night)
Hotel Mume– Kyoto, Japan ($334 per night)
Best Hotel for Service
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly– South Lake Tahoe, California ($185 per night)
Riad Kheirredine– Marrakech, Morocco ($219 per night)
Best B&B and Inn
The Cedar House Inn– St. Augustine, Florida ($203 per night)
Pousada Casa Campestre– Goncalves, Brazil ($151 per night)
Best Hotel for Romance
Belamere Suites– Perrysburg, Ohio ($218 per night)
Maison Souquet– Paris, France ($471 per night)
Best Hotel for Families
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort - Convention Center– Anaheim, California ($246 per night)
Cavallino Bianco Family Spa Grand Hotel– Ortisei, Italy ($855 per night)
Best All-Inclusive Hotel
Ikos Olivia – Ikos Resorts– Gerakini, Greece ($582 per night)
For the complete list of Travelers' Choice Hotel award-winners for 2018, as well as the latest reviews and candid traveler photos, visit: www.TripAdvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels. Travelers can also follow the conversation on Twitter at #TravelersChoice.
Travelers can read the latest reviews and compare prices from more than 200 sites to find the lowest prices on the right hotel for their trip at www.TripAdvisor.com.
Average nightly hotel rates based on prices available on TripAdvisor from January 1 – December 31, 2017.
Most affordable month to go with rates based on prices available on TripAdvisor from February 1 – December 31, 2017.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site**, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 570 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide -- covering 7.3 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors*, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
The subsidiaries and affiliates of TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) own and operate a portfolio of websites under 20 other travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.citymaps.com, www.cruisecritic.com,
www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com,
www.eltenedor.com, www.iens.nl and www.dimmi.com.au), www.gateguru.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk,
www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com,
www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com
*Source: TripAdvisor log files, average monthly unique visitors, Q3 2017
**Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, July 2017
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tripadvisor-announces-the-worlds-best-hotels-with-2018-travelers-choice-awards-300586424.html
Elizabeth Monahan, (781) 800-5542, email@example.com